Reports to: VOTER REGISTRATION CHAIR
Time Commitment: 27.5 hours per week, maximum
Position runs from January 1, 2022, to November 10, 2022, and may continue through November 2024.
Be part of a positive change in Florida to elect Democrats to office and help turn Lee County blue. Bilingual Canvasser will engage with voters and potential voters in a friendly and safe manner to encourage them to register to vote and help them make a plan to vote for Democrats up and down the ballot. Bilingual Canvasser will be provided with on the job training by highly experienced voter registration canvassers.
• Work in a team and canvass door to door and at community events
• Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
• Engage in compelling conversations about the Democratic Party’s accomplishments and goals for the future
• Ability to be outdoors and canvass door to door for a minimum of three hours
The ideal candidate is:
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Energetic and passionate about helping turn Lee County blue and fostering democracy
• Experienced talking with people and should enjoy working collaboratively with team members
• Willing to engage people in conversation and discuss issues of concern on a national, state and local level
Experience in volunteering or paid canvassing work preferred, but not required.
How to Apply -Interested candidates – Call the Democratic Party of Lee Country at 239-939-2866 for further information.
If the office is closed, please leave your name, number and a message that you are interested in the Canvasser position.
Deadline to apply: January 31, 2022